Concepts, as a subject of discussion since antiquity, are central to human cognition and therefore represent a core topic of cognitive science, essential to our understanding of the human mind. In the past decades, research on concepts has been carried out in a variety of fields (ranging from psychology over linguistics to artificial intelligence) and from a variety of perspectives. However, most of this research has been conducted independently or between a restricted selection of neighboring disciplines. In order to arrive at a more holistic understanding of concepts, it is crucial to have a higher awareness and familiarity with approaches from other disciplines. The current situation, therefore, calls for a broader education of young researchers that also encompasses related fields of study.
Conceptuccino used to be the name of an informal reading group on concepts at the Institute of Cognitive Science. Taking it from there, we aim to establish this website as a platform for all interested concept researchers. This website features links to relevant research projects and publications, an interdisciplinary mailing list, and a series of workshops.
- 11.05.2022: The submission deadline for the CARLA 2022 workshop has been extended to May 22!
- 15.04.2022: Second CARLA 2022 Call for Submissions
- 25.01.2022: The CARLA 2022 Call for Submissions is now online. Submission is open until May 15, 2022.
- 25.08.2021: Assignment of posters to poster sessions has been uploaded.
- 13.08.2021: Registration for CARLA 2021 has opened.
- 12.08.2021: Our CARLA edited volume (based on the CARLA 2018 workshop) has been finally published as open access book.
- 30.07.2021: Preliminary schedule for CARLA 2021 is online. Information about registration and attendance will follow towards the end of August.
- 16.07.2021: We have decided that CARLA 2021 will be conducted as a fully virtual workshop. A preliminary schedule and information about how to register will be published by the beginning of August.
- 16.06.2021: Acceptance notification have just been sent to the authors - we were able to accept 9 submissions for oral presentation and another 17 submissions for poster presentation. List of accepted papers is online, preliminary schedule will follow in 2-3 weeks.
- 28.05.2021: We have received 33 submissions for this year’s workshop. The reviewing process is about to start and decisions will be made until June 16.
- 17.05.2021: The submission deadline for the CARLA 2021 workshop has been extended to May 26!
- 01.02.2021: The CARLA 2021 Call for Submissions is now online. Submission is open until May 16, 2021.
- 10.07.2020: Preliminary schedule for CARLA 2020 is online, as are the revised abstracts. Moreover, registration for the workshop is open.
- 26.05.2020: Nine abstracts have been accepted for presentation at CARLA 2020, which will be held as a virtual workshop.
- 08.11.2019: The CARLA 2020 Call for Abstracts is now online. Submission is open until April 30, 2020.
- 29.10.2019: First information about CARLA 2020 is online. More information will follow soon!
- 19.11.2018: The video recordings of the lectures are now available.
- 07.06.2018: The workshop schedule is now online. We received 33 submissions and are glad that we were able to accept 9 of them for oral presentation and 12 for poster presentation.
- 14.05.2018: We are happy to report that we have received 76 applications for the CARLA Summer School. We were only able to accept 25 applicants, but the high number of applications shows that there is a great interest in this topic.
- 08.03.2018: Call for abstracts for our CARLA workshop (Deadline: May 20)
- 08.03.2018: Call for participation for our CARLA Summer School (Deadline: April 30)
- 05.03.2018: Funding for our CARLA Summer School has been approved!
- 25.01.2018: Our website is going online